- Location: New Jersey
- Type: Full Time
The Logistics team is responsible for all outbound warehouse transportation activity. The team will develop, implement and coordinate processes that will determine the most productive and efficient mode of service for all shipments. The team will also assist in shipment claims, data analytics, monitoring of transportation performance and provide internal guidance to the organization on routing matters. This position supervises a group of 20+ shipment drivers and employees.
- Receive orders from sales representatives to assign the schedule and route that best serves the customer’s delivery needs
- Manage and control the schedule of shipment loading and successful customer delivery times
- Oversee truck drivers’ schedules to ensure compliance with transportation regulations
- Provide data and recommendations on product tracking, route analysis, rerouting, cost and usage alternatives to determine efficient routing for outbound shipments
- Identify and prioritize logistics needs and communicates recommendations to upper management to achieve efficient product distribution
- Supervises DOT training, policy and safety training within his department
- Interview for new openings (Class B and Class A Drivers).
- Manage personnel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of ERP, TMS software is a strongly preferred
- Ability to lead projects, manage operations and personnel at the same time
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to work well and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Experience and working knowledge of DOT and trucking restrictions
- Comfortable working in fast pace environment. 50+ hours per week
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds