- Location: Georgia (Remote)
- Type: Full Time
- Salary: Based on experience
Garden State Lumber Products is looking for an outside sales rep for the Atlanta area to join our team. The closest distribution center for Garden State Lumber is located in South Carolina. We are looking for someone who resides in the Atlanta area and who is excited about the opportunity to join our outside sales rep team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong sales background selling premium products, industry experience at the distribution or manufacturing level, and a well-rounded understanding of the lumber yard channel in their respective territory. Equally as important will be the candidate’s ability to assimilate themselves into our culture and echo that likeness to the customer base.
Specifically, the following job responsibilities and skill sets will be required to perform what is asked of this role:
- Articulate our business model as it pertains to each level of the lumberyard (sales, purchasing, and management).
- Build relationships throughout the market and understand how you can best help each customer with our service platform.
- Utilize all the resources provided by GSLP to help develop the market and uncover sales opportunities.
- Have a keen focus on marketing and be able to recognize what marketing vehicle is important to an account.
- Have the ability to work independently, be self-motivated, and organized enough to manage a territory with varying markets within it.
- Act as a liaison between what you see in your market and the GSLP team. Which include but are not limited to pricing, inventory quality, market conditions, competitive services or products offered.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Conduct yourself in a manner that is compliant with our values and business practices.
The territory is currently being developed and will become more defined as we continue to build our customer base. Currently Metro Atlanta is the market primarily focused on.